–Understanding Our Policies–
While we understand that things come up and plans change, we ask that you please understand the need for us to have a strict cancelation and modification policy. As a family run business in a remote area, we maintain a strict policy because unlike larger hotel chains, we do not often receive last minute reservations or walk ins. When you make a reservation with us, we guarantee that room and hold it for your reservation. We suggest that you carefully consider your plans before booking as we are not responsible if you decide to modify or cancel your reservation.
We know that there can be situations like weather, flight delays or other forces of nature that are out of your control. However, while we understand it is not your fault, it is not ours either. For these situations, we recommend looking into travel insurance as an option for your trip.
–One or Two Room Reservations–
* Reservations for 1 room outside of December 15th to January 15th require notification of cancellation no less than 30 days prior to the first night of the reservation.
* Reservations for 1 room between December 15th and January 15th require notification of cancellation no less than 90 days prior to the first night of the reservation.
* Reservations for 2 rooms require notification of cancellation no less than 60 days prior to the first night of the reservation.
* Reservations for 7 nights or longer require notification of cancellation no less than 60 days prior to the first night of the reservation.
* Reservations for 10 nights or longer require notification of cancellation or modification no less than 90 days prior to the first night of the reservation. These reservations will also be required to present proof of confirmed flight itinerary.
–Group Event, Wedding and Retreats–
* Reservations for 1-4 rooms for a group event** at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort require notification of cancellation or modification no less than 90 days prior to the first night of the reservation. If booking for peak season dates the cancelation policy may go up to 6 months (please inquire with our reservations department).
**In the case that a group or wedding reservation is occupying 5 or more at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort or El Sano Banano Village Hotel, the cancelation or modification policy changes to 6 months prior to your check in date and may be required to pay the full reservation amount by the 6 month mark in advance of your reservation. (Please check with the person organizing your event to inquire whether or not your group falls under this category). If booking a group event reservation within the 6 months of the event, you may be required to pay in full upon making the reservation.
–Cancellation Policy Notes–
If on the check-in date, we have not heard from you by 9:00pm or you did not show up for an arranged transfer, it will be considered a NO-SHOW and you will be charged the full amount of your stay. Your reservation will therefore be canceled and the room will no longer be available.
All cancelations and modifications must be done via email. If the cancellation does not meet the above requirements, you will immediately be charged 100% of the total stay***. No refunds will be made.
No name changes will be allowed to any reservation and the room cannot be transferred or “given away” to someone else.
***Group Reservations which are made under one same name or same credit card and reservations of 14 nights or longer may need to be paid via International Wire Transfer by the cancelation policy cut off date or sooner. Please contact us for details or questions.