When you are considering a vacation to Costa Rica, sometimes choosing a vacation package is the best option. There are many ways to save, but you will need to be diligent when you research the travel options available. Vacation packages to Costa Rica can be had on a budget; just follow the tips below to learn how to save money on your vacation.
- Be flexible about the details for your vacation. Do not have the dates set in stone until after you book your travel and accommodations. Sometimes you may miss a good deal if you only have a hard, set date to go.
- Travel during the off-peak season. The off peak season runs from May to November in Costa Rica. This is when travel prices are at their lowest. However, be aware that there is an influx of vacationers during June and July.
- Take advantage of social networking. Sometimes airlines and hotels will post travel deals on their Twitter and Facebook feeds. Also, you can subscribe to email alerts from several different travel deal services.
- Choose a family-friendly hotel when travelling with kids. In many cases, these hotels offer more amenities or larger rooms. Also, consider any of the fee-free perks that are offered at each hotel you consider. While at the hotel, always ask the concierge about deals available at local restaurants to save even more.
- Look for package deals that offer all-inclusive hotel stays. This means that all of your meals and entertainment are included with your hotel stay. You will pay more initially, but save more once you are not pulling your wallet out at every meal.
When you consider traveling, it is best to know what type of climate to expect. When you travel to Costa Rica, this is especially true. The small island country is located right north of the equator. This means that the climate is a tropical one. However, the country does contain several microclimates that vary in temperature.
Costa Rica has two climates, dry and wet. The dry season (December-April) has the least amount of rainfall and is considered to be the “winter.” The wet season (May-November) is the “summer.” The dry season offers the best weather and the least amount of rain. During the wet season, there is a lot of rain that causes flooding in some of the outlying areas.
Travel to Costa Rica is more desirable during the dry season. This means that you must book rooms and travel accommodations well in advance. All travel accommodations will often need a deposit at the time of booking. Expect the beaches to be packed and prices to be high during this time. There are also few travel deals and discounts.
The wet season is the best time of year to travel on a smaller budget. Rooms will be plentiful, with discounts offered just to fill them. Prices all over the country are also lower during this time, since it is not the peak of travel season. However, there is a mini peak of travel during June and July. There will be fewer crowds, too. If traveling at this time, remember that road conditions and weather reports have to be checked daily to avoid the rain and inland flooding.
Travel to Costa Rica does not have to cost an arm and a leg. Though vacations can be pricey, there are ways for you to save. Saving on travel is easy. Follow the advice below to find out how to find the best travel deals.
- Use one of the travel websites. Kayak is a good travel website to find air, hotel, and rental deals. When using a service, do your homework. Compare prices for the hotel and plane tickets.
- Always call the hotel and airline to check for deals and the best prices. The travel websites often charge 20% to 30% on top of what the hotel will charge. However, neither the travel website nor the hotel will tell you that. The Ylang Ylang often offers special package deals for our guests!
- If you already have booked your stay, look at last minute prices before your time period for cancellation is up. At this point, call around to see if there are any last minute deals, or if a hotel will beat your pricing.
- Make use of Backbid. They forward your reservation information to area hotels to see if your price can be beat. The results are promising, with an average of a 20% savings on a room.
- Look for low-cost airlines. Often, new plane routes cost less per ticket, sometimes by as much as 50%. However, try to book your tickets at least three months in advance.
These tips will help you to save money when traveling to Costa Rica. This way, you can have a wonderful family vacation on a smaller budget than you would expect.
Asking when the best time to visit Costa Rica is . . . well, that is a loaded question. The answer really depends on what your plans are and how big your budget is. Costa Rica has two distinct seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Otherwise, the temperature is about the same throughout the year, with temperatures in the high 70s to 80s. A Costa Rica vacation can happen in either season, but the best time depends on you.
The Green Season
The rainy season, also called the green season, is the closest thing to winter that Costa Rica has. This season runs from May to mid-November. It is called the green season because the large amount of rainfall makes all of the plants in the country green. The rains cause many country roads to wash out, making travel to some places impossible.
Tourism is not as popular during this season. As a result, prices of everything, including rooms, are lower. If you are not worried about the rains and are on a strict budget, this is the best time to travel. During this time, many hotels will have negotiable prices. Prices for food and other services can also be negotiated.
The Dry Summer
The summer in Costa Rica runs from mid-November to the end of April. This season is mostly dry and hot. This is when tourism is booming, especially during December and January. Prices are very high during this time and hotel rooms are scarce. However, this is when you will have access to the mountain roads and to the most activities.
Vacationing in Costa Rica can happen year round. The best season for you depends on many factors, including what you want to do there and your budget. No matter what budget you have, you can make vacationing in Costa Rica happen.
Choosing possible hotels in Costa Rica to stay at during your vacation may sound easy, but often, a lot of research goes into the decision. Not everyone can just choose the best hotel or resort. Money is often one of the big factors when deciding where you stay, but it certainly is not the only one. Here are some tips to help you choose your hotel:
- Figure out what is most important to you. You need to narrow the list of hotels down, right off the bat. If the location of the hotel is very important, then only look at hotel rates in that area.
- Decide what you can afford per night. This narrows the list down even more. Use one of the discount sites to see what is out there. Then, call hotels to see if you can get rates lower by quoting the competition.
- Once you have hotels narrowed down by price, look into the amenities. Choose the top 5 things you must have. Then, go through to see which hotel has what you want.
- If traveling with the family, make sure the hotel is kid- and family-friendly. Separate activities for children and family-friendly areas are a good indication of this.
- Compare the room sizes and the bed arrangements that are available. You want to make sure everyone will have a place to sleep, and that there is plenty of room in the suite you are staying in.
These tips above will help you to have a comfortable vacation in Costa Rica. With the hotel taken care of, you do not have to worry as much about the details prior to your trip.
Finding the best all- inclusive hotel in Costa Rica is easier said than done. Costa Rica is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. Its tropical location and protected ecosystem attracts visitors from everywhere – and they all want to visit during the best season of the year. All of these tourists can make it tough to find the best hotel to meet your needs. While Costa Rica is home to plenty of hotels and resorts, they are not all equal, so it is important for you to do your research before making a reservation.
The first thing you must consider is location. Since you are visiting Costa Rica, you probably want a resort located as close as possible to the beach. The Ylang Ylang is perfect for beach lovers – we are located next to some of the most pristine beaches in Costa Rica. The next thing you have to consider is the all-inclusiveness of the hotels. Since this is a vacation, you want to make things as easy as possible. An all-inclusive hotel will provide everything you need in a package deal. The Ylang Ylang offers various packages and special deals all year round to meet the needs of our guests.
Finally, you have to think about your budget. If you stretch it too thin, you will not be able to enjoy many activities during your stay. The Ylang Ylang makes it a point to offer affordable luxury for budgets of all sizes. If our primary resort does not fit your budget needs, our sister hotel in nearby Montezuma is bound to be sufficient. Contact us today to learn more about our beach resort and our sister hotel.
When planning your honeymoon, the first thing you have to decide is the location. Where is the best possible place for you to take your honeymoon? You want a place that is romantic, a place where you and your new spouse can spend quality time together as newlyweds. A honeymoon in Costa Rica is the perfect answer! There is no better place for romance, excitement, fun, and the most gorgeous scenery you can imagine.
So, now that you know you want to visit Costa Rica for your honeymoon, the next big choice you face is your accommodations. Where will you stay during your extended trip with the one you love? Since this is Costa Rica, you want a place that is going to give you plenty of access to the beach, as well as top-notch accommodations. The answer – the Ylang Ylang resort! Here at the Ylang Ylang, we specialize in luxury unlike any you have ever experienced.
Our resort is nestled within the jungles of Costa Rica, only minutes from Montezuma, and right on the beach – you can literally see the ocean waves from your window. We pride ourselves on our “green” living through the utilization of solar panels and other methods of preserving and protecting the environment. Not only will you enjoy luxury suites and bungalows, complete with romance packages for two, you can also enjoy our luxury spa and yoga sessions – everything you need to make your honeymoon complete. Contact us today to learn more about our resort and reserve your honeymoon suite!
The year 2014 is a big year for the Ylang Ylang beach resort because it is the year that we celebrate our 25th anniversary! That’s right, since 1989, the Ylang Ylang has been a featured location in Costa Rica. We have been perfecting our craft of combining the most luxurious accommodations with the highest level of customer service – and our hard work has paid off! The Ylang Ylang is consistently chosen as one of the most popular beach resorts in Costa Rica.
There are numerous reasons why we rate so highly with our guests. Our location is amazing – directly on the beach, in the midst of the lush jungle greenery, and only minutes from Montezuma. Our accommodations are divine – luxury suites and bungalows designed to provide our guests with the ultimate in comfort, as well as our wide range of luxury amenities. Our on-site activities cannot be beat – a luxury spa, ready and waiting to meet the needs of our guests; professional yoga sessions directly on the beach with the music of the waves helping you balance your mind, body and soul; and our pristine beaches surrounded by the clear, ocean waters.
If you are planning a vacation this year, a romantic getaway, or even a honeymoon, add the Ylang Ylang beach resort to your list of must-see places! Not only will you enjoy all that we have to offer as one of the leading luxury resorts in Costa Rica, you will also enjoy all that our beautiful country has to offer – breathtaking scenery, local cuisine and activities, and the warm, welcoming spirit of the inhabitants. Come celebrate 25 years of exquisite accommodations and service with the Ylang Ylang!
Taking a vacation is something that everyone needs to experience — especially a tropical vacation. There is something special about traveling to a warm, tropical location, and enjoying all that it has to offer – sun, sand, ocean waters, and more! If you are thinking about taking a tropical vacation, why not give Costa Rica a shot? When you travel to Costa Rica, you can expect to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and accommodations possible.
Costa Rica is a tourist country – we focus on building up our tourism, attracting people from all around the world to our protected, natural environment. What this means for you is that you can expect the highest level of service, no matter where in Costa Rica you go. From the cities to the beaches, you will find businesses, activities, resorts, and more – each one waiting to give you the best experience possible.
When you come to Costa Rica, you will be in awe of the amazing environment. As a protected eco-system, we strive to make sure our manmade footprint is small. We want you to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of our country, not simply buildings and concrete. The Ylang Ylang is one of the leading resorts in Costa Rica for many reasons, including the unique design that blends the resort facilities into the surrounding jungle – in other words, the resort is almost a part of the jungle, rather than sticking out like a sore thumb.
Contact us today to learn more about our wonderful resort, and find out the latest deals to help you save money on your tropical vacation.
Choosing from the many Costa Rica beach hotels available can be a tough decision! Costa Rica is one of the most popular destinations for a tropical vacation. The country thrives on its tourist industry. This means that you can expect hotels and resorts to compete for your business. They want you to come and stay with them, so they will offer fine accommodations, lots of amenities, and comfortable luxury you can afford. Here are some tips to remember when making your hotel decision:
- If you are planning a vacation focused on relaxation, choose a hotel that will be conducive to relaxing. If you want a vacation that is rich with activities and excitement, a hotel located within the boundaries of a city might be the better choice.
- Stay within your budget. If you spend all of your money on your accommodations, you may not have enough left to enjoy some of the local activities. While Costa Rica has many free activities available, you want to have enough funds to partake of some of the paid activities, too.
- Keep customer service in mind. Costa Rica is a tourist country, so you should be able to expect the highest level of customer service possible. If the service is bad, it doesn’t matter where you stay – you will not enjoy your vacation. The Ylang Ylang prides itself on great customer service, top-notch accommodations, and affordable luxury. Keep us in mind as you plan your Costa Rican vacation – we look forward to taking care of your needs!