The last few days we have had some wonderful evening storms. Falling asleep to the sound of the rain and waking up to fresh, clean air and sunny skies can’t be beat! It also means that the days are not as hot because of the cool rain. It’s a perfect time to take one of your relaxing family getaways, now that school is out for the summer!
Our family beach suite is the perfect room for a small family. It has two queen beds and a lofted king bed with large glass windows of a beach front view. The room also has a balcony with ocean views. Just steps from your room you will find a sandy area with comfortable lounge chairs and hammocks. Enjoy your spot perched on a lounge chair while your kids play in the sand!
We also offer a large and family friendly swimming pool, with lots of lounge chairs, hammocks and sun or shade. Kids love our pool and especially love our waterfall!
Everyone loves to indulge a little bit on vacation. Why not indulge with a healthy vegan dessert! We offer two delicious vegan desserts, that both vegans and non-vegans can enjoy.
Our Trio of Chocolate Truffles is made with avocado, chocolate powder, brown sugar, and vanilla. The truffles are topped with fresh coconut shavings, fresh mint, and cocoa powder. They are the perfect small treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!
The Chocolate Banana Mousse is made with avocado, chocolate powder, bananas, brown sugar, and vanilla. It’s topped with fresh slices of banana. It’s a fresh, creamy mousse that is delicious and easy to share!
We are proud to offer these delicious options for our vegan friends! We love dessert and are excited to share them with you!
One of the most popular Montezuma activities while on vacation to Costa Rica is the day trip to Tortuga Island!
White sand beaches and clear blue water at Tortuga Island.
The day begins by meeting the boat at the beach in Montezuma, from there it is a 45 minute boat ride along the coast of the Nicoya Peninsula. The boat ride takes you past many secluded beaches and jungles. Including a glimpse at El Chorro Waterfall, one of seven waterfalls in the world that falls into the ocean!
Boat Ride to Tortuga Island
Once you arrive near the island, the boat stops to allow you to snorkel and explore some caves and sea life. After snorkeling, the boat takes you to the Island to eat lunch, options include fish, chicken, or vegetarian. After lunch, you can take time to explore the island. There are animals to observe, kayaks to rent or banana boat rides!
Banana boat adventure at Tortuga Island.
The tour includes the boat ride, snorkel gear, lunch, and drinks (including beer!). Be sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, and towel. It’s a fun day in the sun!
While your vacation to Costa Rica can offer great adventure, wildlife and activities, it can also provide a fun and relaxing vacation right from the comfort of your lounge chair or beach towel. Costa Rica is famous for it’s incredible beaches. The beaches of Montezuma are no exception. They are beautiful, expansive and truly natural. Bring a book, grab a cold drink, or spend most of the day in the surf. The beaches also offer many spaces to hang a hammock or relax in the shade.
Depending on which beach you decide on, the water can be great for swimming, surfing, boogie boarding and/or snorkling. The water is the perfect temperature year round to spend the whole day swimming. Here at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort we offer boogie board and surf board rentals, flippers and masks to add to your beach vacation. We offer lounge chairs on the beach and beach towels to make your time on the beach more comfortable. There are plenty activities to keep yourself busy with here in Montezuma, but don’t forget to enjoy the perfect Costa Rica beach vacation.
A favorite activity in Montezuma is the hike to the Montezuma Waterfalls. Not for the faint of heart, the walk to the falls does require climbing some rocks and walking through parts of the river. However, once you arrive at the stunning waterfall, you are rewarded with a beautiful, cool, fresh water pool for swimming, large rocks to climb and sun yourself on, and huge falls to play in. Exploring the river, waterfalls, and jungle surrounding the falls is a wonderful way to spend the day. A perfect activity to add some adventure to your vacation to Costa Rica.
This post is for all of the adventurous travelers out there. Montezuma offers a number of exciting adventures for all types of adventurers to add to your vacation to Costa Rica.
The Thrilling Adventure:
Flying through the jungle attached to only a cable. The zip line takes you across 9 cables stationed throughout the jungle totaling for a distance of 1,320 meters. You will get breathtaking views of the jungle and Pacific Ocean from high above the ground. This tour includes a stop at the Montezuma waterfall where you can choose to cliff jump or rope swing into the pool of water. The perfect way to cool down.
The Creative Adventure:
You can also choose to make your own adventure by renting an ATV for the day and doing your own exploring. There are a number of trails and paths to take to find hidden waterfalls or hiking trails. If you’re up for an adventure, the ATVs are the best way to get out and explore. An especially favorite spot to explore is the cemetery island in Cabuya. You can only get there on foot when the tide is low. It’s an awesome place to explore and adventure.
The Sporty Adventure:
Another great adventure for the athletic adventurer is a mountain bike tour. This is a guided tour, but does get you onto beaches and back paths that you can’t access with a car. You’ll find hidden jungles, rivers and trails to explore. While Costa Rica is the perfect place to relax, it is also the perfect place for an adventure vacation.
Travelling internationally is a very different experience than just travelling within the United States, but with simple planning, what can seem like a daunting task will simply be a matter of following common processes. Costa Rica vacation packages typically help with an itinerary for while you’re in the country, but getting to the country is sometimes an adventure all its own.
Here are three things you will need to travel to Costa Rica. Take care of these, and you should be in good shape.
1. Travel Documents
You are going to need both a passport when traveling to Costa Rica. A simple Google search for passport services in your local city should provide info on where to get a passport. It is likely your local Costa Rican consulate can help you out. DO NOT WAIT ON THIS – the process can be lengthy (weeks or even months in some cases), so get your passport as soon as possible.
People ask about vaccinations frequently. You’ll need proper vaccinations with documentation only if flying in from South America. From the U.S. – or Panama or anywhere north of there, you’re a-okay! (Read more about Costa Rica’s Green Season…)
3. Weather Report
It’s always good to know the weather report for the location to which you plan to travel, especially when staying at a beach hotel. Costa Rica is a tropical nation, with a formidable tropical storm season lasting from September through October, and during these months Ylang Ylang Beach Resort is closed. And the rest of the year – well, rainfall is as normal as clear skies here, so pack accordingly!
Once you take care of travel documents, vaccinations, and weather planning, we can get your adventure going with our Costa Rica vacation packages! Let Ylang Ylang Beach Resort help you with making reservations. Call today!
When you embark on your Costa Rica vacation, you will not have a choice about the weather. It will be either nice, or rainy, with rainy being probable as you near the start of the green season. If it is your first visit, you will likely have an itinerary for your trip. Because the weather could change at an instant, there are a few things you can do for a better trip:
- Plan extra things to do and see. Make sure some of these things are inside, like visiting a museum and art gallery. It’s a good idea to have several places like this on the list, just in case it rains a lot. If all else fails, head to the beach, where the rain is more tolerable.
- Always purchase full coverage insurance on the rental car. This will cover you if you have an accident or hit too many potholes. Expect a lot of potholes during the rainy season.
- Always rent a GPS device. Most streets are not marked in Costa Rica. When getting directions from people, it’s likely to receive directions that are based off landmarks. A GPS device will help you to find different places and hidden roads. Just make sure the device is off Simulation Mode.
- Avoid the mountains during rainy season. The mountains receive more rain than anywhere else on the island. This means many roads might be washed out or flooded, making them dangerous for travel.
Though it is a quiet beach town, Montezuma offers many unique activities that allow you to sample the culture during a Costa Rica vacation. Just wandering the town will give you a “beachy” feel while listening to the waves and watching the surfers. There is much more to the beach in this area of Costa Rica.
- Cemetery Island. Heading south of Montezuma, you’ll find a scenic road along the beach on the way to Cabuya. It is a 7 km drive through the jungle and along beautiful beaches. On the way, you will pass the Higueron de Cabuya, which is an extremely large strangler fig tree. Once in Cabuya, walk out on the land bridge to Cemetery Island during low tide. Indians once used this island to bury their dead, and today funerals are still held here.
- Visit the farmer’s market on any Saturday morning to immerse yourself in the food, crafts, and music of Costa Rica. Many vendors line up to sell their fresh goods, while street artists perform for the crowds.
- Fiestas Civicas de Cobano. This fair is located in Cobano, located a short distance outside of Montezuma. It lasts for two weeks each year in February. It features carousels, great food, and crafts for sale. The main event is a large rodeo with daring cowboys and bulls.
- The Art Galleries of Puntarenas. In the mountains outside of Montezuma is Puntarenas. This small town offers several art galleries to explore that offer art, crafting, and sculpting classes.