The Montezuma Waterfalls are one of the main attractions in our area. The waterfalls are about a 20 minute hike from the town of Montezuma. However, once you arrive at the falls you will be in awe of their beauty!
The walk to the falls includes a nice hike along and across the river. There is not any one clear path to take, so the trail can be wet and slippery. It is important to wear good shoes that can get wet. After hiking along the river, crossing the river on rocks, and climbing over a large rock, you’ll get a great view of the falls and the large pool below. After a long hike, the pool is wonderful for a swim to cool down. This hike to the falls is a truly natural and special Costa Rican experience. You’ll see animals, wildlife and incredible natural beauty along the way.
After a long day of hiking or exploring Costa Rica, a nice refreshing swim in the pool is exactly what you need. The pool at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort offers a relaxing space to cool down. The pool is surrounded by lush greenery and the waterfall at the end of the pool provides the perfect soothing background noise. Comfortable lounge chairs and hammocks are available for both shade dwellers and sun lovers. Our pool is perfect for your tropical vacation.
You have just spent the last month of your life shopping, cooking, and stressing over the holiday season. Now that the holidays have come and gone and a New Year is upon us, it is time to start planning your annual vacation. Instead of doing the same old thing this year, consider the benefits of taking a tropical vacation.
- You get to escape from reality with more than just an amusement park and fast food. A tropical vacation will place you in heaven on Earth – a warm, tropical climate; blue, ocean waters; and fabulous cuisine!
- There are numerous tropical resorts all over the world, making it easy to find one in the exact location where you want to spend your vacation. For instance, the Ylang Ylang resort is nestled in the heart of Costa Rica, right on the beach and mere minutes away from Montezuma.
- A few days in the sun will be much more refreshing than hours standing in line for amusement park rides and wasting away in traffic. Why fight the lines and the traffic when you could be relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun and sipping on something fruity?
- A tropical vacation will provide you with some of the most unforgettable memories possible! Breathtaking scenery, immersing yourself in local culture, and experiencing a world completely opposite your reality – what an amazing way to spend a vacation!
Contact us at the Ylang Ylang resort today to learn more about what our luxury resort has to offer our guests, and let us help you make your reservations for a truly fantastic vacation!
As you plan your first tropical vacation to Costa Rica, there is so much you have to do before you can leave. Hiring a travel agent will help alleviate some of the stress that comes with planning a Costa Rican vacation. However, even with a travel agent, there are still plenty of decisions that you will have to make. Here are some helpful planning tips to make things a little bit easier for you:
- Choose activities that you are going to enjoy. Your vacation is a time for those first experiences, but you do not want to overwhelm yourself with too many new things. Choose some activities that you have experience with, so you will not be afraid or overwhelmed.
- Choose accommodations that offer the best in customer service. A resort or hotel can be comfortable, but if the customer service is bad, you will not enjoy your stay. Do your research and choose a place that offers the best in customer service.
- Plan for the unexpected. You never know when you will see something you cannot live without, or when you will have other unforeseen expenses. Leaving a little wiggle room in your budget will help give you peace of mind during your vacation.
Here at the Ylang Ylang, we are ready and waiting to help you plan some of the details of your tropical vacation. Contact us today to learn more about our accommodations and activities. Let us help you make your reservation and plan a vacation that you are sure to enjoy!
If a tropical island sounds like the right destination for a vacation, you have some planning to do before you can head out the door. Planning a vacation that is not within the boundaries of your country requires more planning. There are various details you must address beyond simply choosing a hotel or resort and reserving your room. There are also safety issues you must consider. Here are some safety tips to make sure your tropical vacation out of the country goes smoothly:
- Take care of the necessary paperwork before you do anything else. You do not want to plan the details of your trip, pay for things in advance, and then find out that your passport is expired.
- Research the area where you will be traveling. If it is unfamiliar territory, make sure you know which areas are tourist-friendly and which areas are best left to the locals. Remember: just because it is a tropical location does not mean there may not be safety risks.
- If you do plan on experiencing some of the local culture, travel in groups. Not only is there safety in numbers, but everyone will be able to enjoy the local culture together.
- Utilize traveler’s checks rather than carrying cash. Make use of the hotel safe for all of your valuable belongings.
- Make sure that plenty of people back home know where you are going, how long you plan to stay, and when you will be back. Keep in touch during your vacation, so they will know you are safe.
If you are searching for a tropical destination where you can spend the holiday season, Costa Rica should be first on your list! Costa Rica has so much to offer vacationers, all year round, even during the off-season. From the warm, coastal waters to the rich, vibrant jungles, you can literally lose yourself in the beauty of this country!
If you are trying to decide between a city hotel and a beach resort in Costa Rica, the choice is easy – the beach always wins! With a beach resort such as the Ylang Ylang, you have instant access to beach activities without any walking, driving or waiting. The beach is right outside your doorway! Here at the Ylang Ylang, you can enjoy activities such as moonlit beach dining, yoga on the beach, and just swimming and soaking up the sun. Many of our seasonal celebrations take place right on the beach, too, providing you with an amazing backdrop for creating memories.
If you have the chance to get away this holiday season, come to Costa Rica and stay with us at the Ylang Ylang. We are only minutes from Montezuma, we are located right on the beach and nestled in the lush jungle greenery, and we offer the highest level of customer service, as well as top-notch luxury accommodations. Contact us today to learn more about our luxury resort, amenities, seasonal activities, and more! We look forward to celebrating the holidays with you – in the sun, in the surf, and in total luxury!
If you want to take a tropical vacation, but you cannot figure out exactly where to go, think no more – Costa Rica is the perfect destination for a truly unforgettable tropical getaway. Costa Rica has much to offer visitors of all ages – swimming, fishing, sailing, scuba diving, sunbathing, and much more. The Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, a gorgeous beachfront resort in the heart of Costa Rica, and only minutes from Montezuma, will provide you with the ideal accommodations.
If you are going to take a tropical vacation, you deserve luxury accommodations. The Ylang Ylang is the place to go for the highest level of luxury and customer service that you will find in Costa Rica. We have mastered the art of providing our guests with the ultimate Costa Rican experience – sun, surf, nature, and luxury! We offer a luxury spa where you can enjoy massages and other treatments meant to restore the mind, body and soul. We also offer professional yoga sessions on the beach, providing you with the chance to soothe your weary soul, meditate, and restore your body’s physical strength and flexibility.
Here at the Ylang Ylang, you will never want for something to do. Whether you want to partake of as many activities as possible, or simply spend some time alone, resting and relaxing in peaceful solitude, we can and will meet your needs, no matter how large or small. Contact us today to find out about our specials and learn more about our luxury resort, activities, and amenities.
The seasons are clearly changing – that means it is a great time to start planning your vacation. Taking a vacation during a time when the tourist season has died down is the perfect way to enjoy time away from home. Taking an off-season vacation will allow you to enjoy some of the most beautiful destinations in the world – and at a more affordable price. Here are some tips for planning your off-season vacation.
- Choose your destination with the same amount of care you would use during the regular season. There is a reason for the off-season – sometimes the weather does not cooperate or there are fewer activities. Do some research to make sure your desired destination is suitable to fit your vacationing needs.
- Research your accommodations. Many hotels and resorts have special package deals during their off-seasons. Contact the hotel or resort of your choice and find out what price-saving offers they are currently running.
- Utilize the internet to find other ways to save money. For instance, you can compare various prices of airline tickets with just a few clicks of your mouse. Traveling during the off-season to a destination is often more affordable than traveling during the peak tourist season.
Pack accordingly. Expect the unexpected, especially when it comes to the weather. You can still enjoy your vacation during the off-season, as long as you are prepared for a bit of a different environment than you might have expected.