We’ve got a few rooms still available for most of December so we are offering a 15% discount on those remaining rooms! As it starts to get cold up north, come enjoy the tropical warm climate here in Montezuma. It’s the perfect time to get away before the rush of the holidays. Come take advantage of our special Costa Rica vacation discount from December 1st-19th. Enjoy paradise with us!
One of the most private units we have to offer are our garden bungalow in Montezuma Costa Rica. Set back in the jungle, you’ll experience incredible wildlife from your private terrace. Yet, you are still steps from the ocean and can hear the waves crashing from your room.
The garden bungalow has one queen bed, private bathroom with hot water. You will have a large outdoor patio with lounge furniture and an outdoor shower to rinse off the salt and sand. With large sliding glass doors, you will have a window into the incredible jungle surrounding you.
Just beyond the property of Ylang Ylang, lies a wonderful river to explore. The river, Piedra Colorada Montezuma, empties into the ocean. Often times the river will have a wonderful and cool pool of water to swim in, surrounded by large boulders and soft sand. On a hot day, it’s the perfect place to cool down in the fresh water. If you venture further up river, you’ll find a number of small waterfalls, that are also great for cooling down in. The large rock formations and gentle river noises, provide the perfect backdrop to relax and enjoy the wildlife.
The Tree Top Canopy is one of the most unique and special units on the Ylang Ylang property. Perched high up in the canopy, surrounded by trees and a partial view of the ocean, it offers an incredible getaway. The Tree Top Canopy room is a large African style safari tent with a large king bed, indoor bathroom and two outdoor showers. There is a wonderful lounging space on the deck outside with a couch, table and chairs.
This space is private and secluded. You’ll enjoy the sounds of nature, waves crashing on the rocks and the trees moving in the wind. Walk down your private walkway and you’ll find yourself right on the beach. This is truly a one of a kind experience!
Coco Joe’s Bungalow is definitely one of our guest’s favorite beachfront bungalow. Our largest bungalow is only steps from the beach, has a large outdoor patio (to enjoy the beach views), outdoor shower, hammocks on the beach, and a queen and king bed (lofted).Coco Joe’s Bungalow is perfect for couple’s who would like more space, small families or even a couple of friends. The front porch has two lounge chairs and a table and chairs, which means that there is plenty of space to hang out and relax. Coco Joe’s is also surrounded by lush greenery and flowers, meaning that it feels very secluded and private. It is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the sounds of nature, the wildlife, and the ocean. Treat yourself to this special and relaxing getaway! It’s the perfect place to have a beach vacation and tropical vacation.
The Montezuma Waterfalls are one of the main attractions in our area. The waterfalls are about a 20 minute hike from the town of Montezuma. However, once you arrive at the falls you will be in awe of their beauty!
The walk to the falls includes a nice hike along and across the river. There is not any one clear path to take, so the trail can be wet and slippery. It is important to wear good shoes that can get wet. After hiking along the river, crossing the river on rocks, and climbing over a large rock, you’ll get a great view of the falls and the large pool below. After a long hike, the pool is wonderful for a swim to cool down. This hike to the falls is a truly natural and special Costa Rican experience. You’ll see animals, wildlife and incredible natural beauty along the way.
After a long day of hiking or exploring Costa Rica, a nice refreshing swim in the pool is exactly what you need. The pool at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort offers a relaxing space to cool down. The pool is surrounded by lush greenery and the waterfall at the end of the pool provides the perfect soothing background noise. Comfortable lounge chairs and hammocks are available for both shade dwellers and sun lovers. Our pool is perfect for your tropical vacation.
You have just spent the last month of your life shopping, cooking, and stressing over the holiday season. Now that the holidays have come and gone and a New Year is upon us, it is time to start planning your annual vacation. Instead of doing the same old thing this year, consider the benefits of taking a tropical vacation.
- You get to escape from reality with more than just an amusement park and fast food. A tropical vacation will place you in heaven on Earth – a warm, tropical climate; blue, ocean waters; and fabulous cuisine!
- There are numerous tropical resorts all over the world, making it easy to find one in the exact location where you want to spend your vacation. For instance, the Ylang Ylang resort is nestled in the heart of Costa Rica, right on the beach and mere minutes away from Montezuma.
- A few days in the sun will be much more refreshing than hours standing in line for amusement park rides and wasting away in traffic. Why fight the lines and the traffic when you could be relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun and sipping on something fruity?
- A tropical vacation will provide you with some of the most unforgettable memories possible! Breathtaking scenery, immersing yourself in local culture, and experiencing a world completely opposite your reality – what an amazing way to spend a vacation!
Contact us at the Ylang Ylang resort today to learn more about what our luxury resort has to offer our guests, and let us help you make your reservations for a truly fantastic vacation!
As you plan your first tropical vacation to Costa Rica, there is so much you have to do before you can leave. Hiring a travel agent will help alleviate some of the stress that comes with planning a Costa Rican vacation. However, even with a travel agent, there are still plenty of decisions that you will have to make. Here are some helpful planning tips to make things a little bit easier for you:
- Choose activities that you are going to enjoy. Your vacation is a time for those first experiences, but you do not want to overwhelm yourself with too many new things. Choose some activities that you have experience with, so you will not be afraid or overwhelmed.
- Choose accommodations that offer the best in customer service. A resort or hotel can be comfortable, but if the customer service is bad, you will not enjoy your stay. Do your research and choose a place that offers the best in customer service.
- Plan for the unexpected. You never know when you will see something you cannot live without, or when you will have other unforeseen expenses. Leaving a little wiggle room in your budget will help give you peace of mind during your vacation.
Here at the Ylang Ylang, we are ready and waiting to help you plan some of the details of your tropical vacation. Contact us today to learn more about our accommodations and activities. Let us help you make your reservation and plan a vacation that you are sure to enjoy!
If a tropical island sounds like the right destination for a vacation, you have some planning to do before you can head out the door. Planning a vacation that is not within the boundaries of your country requires more planning. There are various details you must address beyond simply choosing a hotel or resort and reserving your room. There are also safety issues you must consider. Here are some safety tips to make sure your tropical vacation out of the country goes smoothly:
- Take care of the necessary paperwork before you do anything else. You do not want to plan the details of your trip, pay for things in advance, and then find out that your passport is expired.
- Research the area where you will be traveling. If it is unfamiliar territory, make sure you know which areas are tourist-friendly and which areas are best left to the locals. Remember: just because it is a tropical location does not mean there may not be safety risks.
- If you do plan on experiencing some of the local culture, travel in groups. Not only is there safety in numbers, but everyone will be able to enjoy the local culture together.
- Utilize traveler’s checks rather than carrying cash. Make use of the hotel safe for all of your valuable belongings.
- Make sure that plenty of people back home know where you are going, how long you plan to stay, and when you will be back. Keep in touch during your vacation, so they will know you are safe.