New Years Eve in Costa Rica is a beautiful time to be here. Montezuma is alive and bustling with people, the weather is gorgeous and the beaches are great for swimming and relaxing. Here at Ylang Ylang, we celebrate New Years Eve with a special buffet dinner, live entertainment, a bonfire and fireworks! This year we welcome back a group of musicians and performers for a mix of Latin music and dance. To make your dinner reservation e-mail us at email@example.com and check out our events page here for more information!
The wildlife in Costa Rica is abundant. Right here on our property at Ylang Ylang, there is so much wildlife to be seen. It’s common to see many iguanas, lizards, agoutis, birds, white faced monkeys, and howler monkeys roaming around the hotel. We try to keep Ylang Ylang as natural as possible so that the animals can continue to make it their home as well. We love having the natural wonder of animal life here at Ylang Ylang and our guests do too!
One of the most private units we have to offer are our garden bungalow in Montezuma Costa Rica. Set back in the jungle, you’ll experience incredible wildlife from your private terrace. Yet, you are still steps from the ocean and can hear the waves crashing from your room.
The garden bungalow has one queen bed, private bathroom with hot water. You will have a large outdoor patio with lounge furniture and an outdoor shower to rinse off the salt and sand. With large sliding glass doors, you will have a window into the incredible jungle surrounding you.
While you can’t miss the monkeys and iguanas around Ylang Ylang, there are quite a few smaller creatures and natural beauty to find! The Ylang Ylang property has been beautifully gardened and maintained. The flora and fauna in Costa Rica in full bloom is breathtaking. During this time of year, when there has been some rain, everything seems to come to life. The trees are more green and the flowers more vibrant. Take a walk to our gardens to see what you discover! Check out more in our photo gallery and wildlife around Ylang Ylang.
The Tree Top Canopy is one of the most unique and special units on the Ylang Ylang property. Perched high up in the canopy, surrounded by trees and a partial view of the ocean, it offers an incredible getaway. The Tree Top Canopy room is a large African style safari tent with a large king bed, indoor bathroom and two outdoor showers. There is a wonderful lounging space on the deck outside with a couch, table and chairs.
This space is private and secluded. You’ll enjoy the sounds of nature, waves crashing on the rocks and the trees moving in the wind. Walk down your private walkway and you’ll find yourself right on the beach. This is truly a one of a kind experience!
Kayla and Brian came to Ylang Ylang shortly before Brian was to be deployed to Afghanistan. On their trip to Ylang Ylang, they reserved a romantic dinner on the beach. During that dinner, Brian gave Kayla a promise ring and they committed to being there for each other when he got home. Because of this romantic evening, Ylang Ylang has always been a special place to them and they knew that some day they would come back and host their wedding here.
Last month, Kayla and Brian got married here at Ylang Ylang, surrounded by a large group of family and friends. The day of the wedding began beautiful and sunny, however, the afternoon turned stormy and we soon figured out that their outdoor beach wedding would not be possible. The entire staff at Ylang Ylang jumped into action to transform the yoga studio into a magical ceremony space. This rainy day wedding was completely transformed! Their ceremony was done by a close friend and was very touching. They wrote and read their own personal vows and there wasn’t a dry eye in the room.
The amazingly wonderful photographer, Ale Sura, offered to come back the next morning to capture their couple’s portraits. She did a stunning job of capturing this special day. Check out the photos below!
This amazingly gorgeous beach wedding had beautiful personal touches and tropical colors. The wedding was hosted here at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort where we work to create beautiful tropical beach weddings. The ceremony was decorated with pink, yellow and orange flowers, our beautiful driftwood arch and bamboo chairs.
The bride and groom spent months collecting driftwood from the beach and painting signs for their ceremony. It was important to the bride and groom that their guests were comfortable and barefoot for their beach ceremony.
The tropical wedding reception was decorated with light pink, orange, and yellow lanterns. The tables numbers, menus and name cards were decorated with a hand drawn traditional Costa Rican ox cart wheel made by the groom’s mother and sister (shown below) and our florist made customized wooden boxes for the flower arrangements. The also added some personal touches like the “Just Married” sign.
All photographs done by Ale Sura Photography.
Are you stressed out from everyday life and planning a nice relaxing vacation? Look no further than the beautiful setting of Costa Rica, known for its lush tropical forests, sandy beaches, and relaxing sun. Natural beauty comes standard when vacationing here in Costa Rica, and our resort packages are an affordable way to combine relaxation and luxury in your vacation.
Sustaining the environment by taking care of the land and using its available resources has been the standard for the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort since we opened, and is evident in our Spa Ylang Ylang. We offer many different spa treatments, including a variety of facial and body massages, deep stone treatment, and body polish treatments sure to rejuvenate the body and soul. Spa Ylang Ylang also offers many different options from half day, full day, or a two hour package predesigned for relaxation and wellness that uses the highest quality ingredients indigenous to Costa Rica.
Spa Ylang Ylang uses local ingredients in all of our treatments. Some of the ingredients you’ll find include the Ylang Ylang flower for which the resort is named. The properties this flower contains are great for calming the heart, balancing skin conditions, and promoting growth in hair.
We also make use of cacao, which is more than just a tasty treat – it’s wonderful for decreasing the appearance of wrinkles and lines in the skin.
Coconut is an effective moisturizing agent that helps with dry skin.
The popular wonder-fruit papaya is also used to help slow the effects of aging.
We also use volcanic clay in some treatments, as it helps replace lost minerals as well as remove any toxic impurities. (We also like it because volcanic clay reminds us that Costa Rica is not just a land of lush beauty, it’s a land of power and excitement!)
Spa Ylang Ylang strives to preserve the natural beauty of the tropics while offering the best and most luxurious experience in Costa Rica. A vacation here truly is a relaxing getaway. Start planning your getaway today!
There are many quality Central American resorts for your next vacation. Choosing only one can represent a challenge because there are so many fine resorts just waiting to accommodate your needs. Here are some tips to help you find the right one to fit your needs and your budget.
- This is your vacation, so don’t be afraid to make it special. Expand your budget a little bit, and you will be able to afford accommodations that are going to give you the fondest memories.
- Choose a resort that is located in the area that holds the most interest for you. A resort located near a city like Montezuma will provide you with all of the hustle and bustle when you need it, as well as the relaxing downtime.
- If you plan on enjoying a lot of beach activities, you want a resort as close to the beach as possible. The Ylang Ylang is located directly on some of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica, yet it is only a few minutes from Montezuma – the ideal location for any vacationer!
- Ask lots of questions of each resort. The staff should be able to tell you about all of the amenities, as well as the local activities to help you make the best choice.
If you have any questions about Costa Rica and all that it has to offer, contact us today at the Ylang Ylang. Our professional staff is ready to answer your questions and help you prepare for your Central American vacation!
With so many tropical resorts all around the world, each one offering their own brand of quality, it can be hard to choose only one for your next vacation. There are a number of factors you must consider when choosing a vacation destination, as well as accommodations. The following tips will help you select the ideal destination for your next tropical vacation:
• Choose your destination first. Instead of trying to plan a vacation around your favorite resort, choose a new destination, then start looking for accommodations.
• Just because you are going on a beach vacation does not mean you will spend all of your time on the beach. Research your destination to discover what events and attractions it has to offer.
• Make a list of the various activities and events you want to enjoy, then start searching for resorts that will place you in close proximity of those events and activities.
• Narrow your list of possible resorts down to a select few – then, delve deeper into your research. Read online reviews and feedback to find out what guests think about each resort.
• Contact each resort and ask about pricing, amenities, and other pertinent information. Take note of how you are treated when you call – customer service should always be first on the list of priorities for any resort. If you are given the cold shoulder or passed off to numerous people, mark that particular resort off your list. You want a personal touch on your vacation – you do not want to be treated like just another piece of the profit.