When you travel to Costa Rica, the first thing on your mind might be the beach. Luckily for you, great beaches and many quaint beach villages surround this country. Since there are so many beaches to explore, we’ve narrowed down the top 10 to visit on your next trip to beautiful Costa Rica.
- Inside the Marino Ballena National Park is the beautiful Playa Arcos. It is surrounded by jungle-covered steep hills.
- Playa Barrigona is located just north of Samara. It’s a stunning and well-hidden beach. You’ll have to drive down a bumpy road through dense jungle to get to it.
- Uvita is only accessible during low tide. It’s located 17 km south of Dominical along Coastal Highway 34. The sandy outcropping resembles a whale tail, giving it the name Uvita.
- Isla de Cano is only accessible by boat. You can reach it 10 miles off the coast of the Osa Peninsula.
- Playa Blanca and Playa Virador are located right by each other on the Papagayo Peninsula. Since the Four Seasons dominates the peninsula, you’ll have to hike to the beaches, which are open to the public.
- Playa Matapalo is nestled between two popular spots, Manuel Antonio and Dominical. It’s quiet and offers a great sunset.
- Punta Uva has a beautiful coral reef just offshore and a beautiful beach. It’s right outside Puerto Viejo, surrounded by jungle.
- Visit the sea turtles at Ostional. This beach is located just north of Nosara.
- Located on the Punta Quepoa peninsula, Playa Biesanz is a quiet beach surrounded by forest just outside of Manuel Antonio.
- The undeveloped beach of Esterillos is sure to please. Find it halfway between Manuel Antonio and Jaco.
Those who travel to Costa Rica likely do it to see the amazing beaches there. The small, Latin American country is most well known for their beautiful beaches, some of the most beautiful in the whole world. The ocean waters are warm year round, and the beach communities have a rich offering of lodging and activities for tourists. More than two thirds of the country is made up of beaches, with five of the most popular listed below:
- Beaches on the Nicoya Peninsula. No, this is not just one beach, but a whole peninsula full of the beautiful white sand. The beaches here are not as lively as the ones closer to larger cities like Montezuma, but they are a lot more relaxing and remote.
- Manuel Antonio. This beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. It has two horseshoe bays with white, clean sand. Hills rise close by, topped with jungle vegetation. While there, you can also visit the waterfalls nearby in the hills.
- Playa Dominical. Playa Dominical is 30 miles south of Manuel Antonio. It is a popular spot for surfers, with surf camps located nearby. Even for those who do not surf, the beach is beautiful and quiet. There is also a good nightlife scene in the town.
- Montezuma. Montezuma is one of the largest beach communities. It is located on the inner part of the Nicoya Peninsula. The beach here is diverse, with lots of local wildlife, waterfalls and tidal pools.
- Tortuquero. Tortuquero is located on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. This beach is the most popular with the eco tourists. The area boasts hiking, endangered wildlife and guided safaris.
For a great place to stay at on one of the most beautiful beaches, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.
Asking when the best time to visit Costa Rica is . . . well, that is a loaded question. The answer really depends on what your plans are and how big your budget is. Costa Rica has two distinct seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Otherwise, the temperature is about the same throughout the year, with temperatures in the high 70s to 80s. A Costa Rica vacation can happen in either season, but the best time depends on you.
The Green Season
The rainy season, also called the green season, is the closest thing to winter that Costa Rica has. This season runs from May to mid-November. It is called the green season because the large amount of rainfall makes all of the plants in the country green. The rains cause many country roads to wash out, making travel to some places impossible.
Tourism is not as popular during this season. As a result, prices of everything, including rooms, are lower. If you are not worried about the rains and are on a strict budget, this is the best time to travel. During this time, many hotels will have negotiable prices. Prices for food and other services can also be negotiated.
The Dry Summer
The summer in Costa Rica runs from mid-November to the end of April. This season is mostly dry and hot. This is when tourism is booming, especially during December and January. Prices are very high during this time and hotel rooms are scarce. However, this is when you will have access to the mountain roads and to the most activities.
Vacationing in Costa Rica can happen year round. The best season for you depends on many factors, including what you want to do there and your budget. No matter what budget you have, you can make vacationing in Costa Rica happen.
Taking a vacation is something that everyone needs to experience — especially a tropical vacation. There is something special about traveling to a warm, tropical location, and enjoying all that it has to offer – sun, sand, ocean waters, and more! If you are thinking about taking a tropical vacation, why not give Costa Rica a shot? When you travel to Costa Rica, you can expect to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and accommodations possible.
Costa Rica is a tourist country – we focus on building up our tourism, attracting people from all around the world to our protected, natural environment. What this means for you is that you can expect the highest level of service, no matter where in Costa Rica you go. From the cities to the beaches, you will find businesses, activities, resorts, and more – each one waiting to give you the best experience possible.
When you come to Costa Rica, you will be in awe of the amazing environment. As a protected eco-system, we strive to make sure our manmade footprint is small. We want you to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of our country, not simply buildings and concrete. The Ylang Ylang is one of the leading resorts in Costa Rica for many reasons, including the unique design that blends the resort facilities into the surrounding jungle – in other words, the resort is almost a part of the jungle, rather than sticking out like a sore thumb.
Contact us today to learn more about our wonderful resort, and find out the latest deals to help you save money on your tropical vacation.
Choosing from the many Costa Rica beach hotels available can be a tough decision! Costa Rica is one of the most popular destinations for a tropical vacation. The country thrives on its tourist industry. This means that you can expect hotels and resorts to compete for your business. They want you to come and stay with them, so they will offer fine accommodations, lots of amenities, and comfortable luxury you can afford. Here are some tips to remember when making your hotel decision:
- If you are planning a vacation focused on relaxation, choose a hotel that will be conducive to relaxing. If you want a vacation that is rich with activities and excitement, a hotel located within the boundaries of a city might be the better choice.
- Stay within your budget. If you spend all of your money on your accommodations, you may not have enough left to enjoy some of the local activities. While Costa Rica has many free activities available, you want to have enough funds to partake of some of the paid activities, too.
- Keep customer service in mind. Costa Rica is a tourist country, so you should be able to expect the highest level of customer service possible. If the service is bad, it doesn’t matter where you stay – you will not enjoy your vacation. The Ylang Ylang prides itself on great customer service, top-notch accommodations, and affordable luxury. Keep us in mind as you plan your Costa Rican vacation – we look forward to taking care of your needs!
As you compare hotels in Costa Rica for your holiday getaway, you will find that there are many hotels and resorts available. Each one promises the ultimate Costa Rican experience. If you have never visited Costa Rica before, or if you know little about what it has to offer, it can be tough to choose a hotel. Here are some tips from the Ylang Ylang resort to make your choice easier:
• Set your budget first. Know exactly what you can afford to spend on your accommodations. If you have a somewhat limited budget, you will quickly narrow down your list of choices. If your budget is unlimited, keep the rest of these tips in mind to help you determine which hotel is best for your holiday.
• If luxury is the only choice for you, you can use this to narrow down your list. Costa Rica has a wide assortment of hotels and resorts for budgets of all sizes.
• Choose a location within Costa Rica, then compare the local hotels and resorts. Do a little research on Costa Rica to find locations that fit your particular activity needs, such as surfing, swimming, hiking, etc.
• Don’t be afraid to ask questions of each potential resort, including asking questions about possible discounts. Traveling to Costa Rica during the off-season is a great way to save money because many hotels and resorts offer special packages – but if you do not ask, you may not receive, so don’t be shy!
Contact us at the Ylang Ylang today to learn more about what our luxury resort has to offer you during your holiday getaway.
As you plan your visit to Costa Rica, there are many details that must be addressed. You have to make all of your travel arrangements and ensure that all of your documentation is in order. Taking care of necessary paperwork should be the first thing you do, because these matters can take time. Once you have your documentation in hand, then you can begin planning the rest of your trip. After travel arrangements, you have to select accommodations in Costa Rica. There are numerous Costa Rica beach hotels available, so choose with care. Each one has something to offer. Contact each potential hotel and discuss rates, amenities, suites, and other aspects that could affect your decision.
After you have selected your accommodations, you should consider planning an itinerary. Now that you know the area in which you will be staying, you can start researching local activities and events. You can also find out about activities and events from the staff at your hotel. Here at the Ylang Ylang, we will be more than happy to help you plan an itinerary that is sure to make your time in Costa Rica unforgettable. As you plan your schedule, try not to pack it too full – you want to give yourself plenty of time for doing nothing more than just enjoying the environment. It can be hard to soak up the surroundings if you are too busy running from one place to another, trying to stay on schedule! Your vacation is a time for making memories – even if they are just the memories of doing nothing but relaxing on the beach. Contact us today to learn more about our beautiful country and to reserve your luxury suite.
Planning your first trip to Costa Rica can be both exciting and overwhelming at the same time. If this is your first time traveling out of the country, you have many details to address. The first thing you must address – after taking care of the necessary paperwork – is your choice of accommodations. Sure, you know that you are going to Costa Rica, and you plan on having a lovely time. However, without the right accommodations, your time in Costa Rica is going to be less than enjoyable.
Choosing between Costa Rica beach hotels does not have to be a difficult task, even though there are many available. You just have to research each available hotel and find the one that best fits your needs and budget. Here at the Ylang Ylang, we offer various packages and specials to ensure that you have little trouble choosing our resort for your Costa Rican vacation. We offer quality accommodations, the highest level of customer service, and affordable luxury that you simply cannot imagine. Contact us today to reserve your luxury suite or bungalow for your first trip to Costa Rica.
Now that winter is over and spring is here, summer will soon follow. Summer is one of the most popular times for a vacation. Tropical locations, such as Costa Rica, are one of the most popular destinations for a vacation. If you are planning your first summer vacation to Costa Rica, many details must be addressed. The following list will help ensure that you do not overlook any of the details to help make your vacation go as smoothly as possible.
- Choose your hotel – there are many Costa Rica beach hotels available, so choose wisely. Take your time and examine all of the amenities offered by each hotel, the available room selection, and other important factors.
- Itinerary – planning a detailed itinerary will help you save time once you arrive in Costa Rica. Instead of wasting time trying to decide what to do when you get there, you will already have a master plan to follow.
- Budget – your itinerary will help you create a defined budget. Having a budget will ensure that you do not overspend during your vacation. Make sure to allow for the unexpected – you never know when you might need to make an unplanned purchase.
Planning a vacation in Costa Rica takes time and effort. You already have your travel agent in line and on board. You know exactly where you are going and you have a detailed itinerary planned. Now, it is time to compare Costa Rica beach hotels. When you choose your hotel, you must make sure that it is prepared to meet your every need. It doesn’t matter if your needs are simple or complex – you need a hotel that is ready to provide the kind of customer service you need to ensure your satisfaction.
Here at the Ylang Ylang, we specialize in keeping our guests satisfied and happy at all times. From our fine dining on the beach to our professional yoga sessions, you are sure to find an activity to meet your desires. Even if those desires do not include anything more strenuous than a relaxing stroll through the lush greenery, we have exactly what you need. Contact us today to learn more about our marvelous resort and to book your luxury room.