A vacation to Costa Rica is more than just another hotel on a beach. There is so much more to do and see in our gorgeous tropical country, and the region’s amazing wildlife is just one of its spectacular highlights.
Exotic Costa Rican Wildlife
Guests who stay with us not only enjoy exquisite dining and amazing suites & bungalows, they also have the unique opportunity to experience fascinating examples of rainforest wildlife in its natural surroundings. A sampling of jungle animals that make their home at the resort include:
- White-throated capuchins
- The woolly opossum
- White-nosed coatis
- Basilisk lizards
- The nine-banded armadillo
- Green iguanas
- Mantled howler monkeys
The exotic animals at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort freely roam about the property, so guests with keen eyes are sure to catch a glimpse of a large number of the inhabitant species.
Unique Bird Life
Binoculars are a must on the packing list when traveling to Costa Rica, because guests will have an opportunity to enjoy a rare peek at some of the planet’s most beautiful birds. A few of the resort’s resident breeds include:
- The northern jacana
- White-throated magpie jays
- The violaceous trogon
- Rufous-tailed hummingbirds
- The blue-crowned motmot
- Bare-throated tiger herons
Our Costa Rica beach hotel not only offers the sparkling blue sea and glittering white sands of a tropical vacation, but discovering the splendor of the region is an eco-tour in itself.
Want to experience the wildlife firsthand? Make a reservation with Ylang Ylang Beach Resort today!
Planning a holiday getaway to Costa Rica?
Ylang Ylang Beach Resort has you covered with Christmas and New Year’s Eve festivities! Events are free to guests staying on these days, and are available to the public by reservation. We’re as excited as we can be for the holiday season!
Christmas festivities feature renowned guitarist Roberto Víquez and include an all-you-can-eat gourmet buffet, a beach bonfire, and for those staying elsewhere, a free shuttle to and from Montezuma. The price for the Christmas event is $50 for adults and $30 for children under ten.
New Years Eve festivities feature a Cardamomo performance & more live music (from Africa, Brasil & Afro Latino), and also include the free shuttle from town, our beach bonfire, special gourmet buffet and a midnight fireworks show. Prices for this event are $65 per adult and $35 for children under ten.
It’s going to be a blast, and we’d love to see you there!
We know how tough it can be finding a resort that can accommodate vegan diets, or raw food or seafood-only diets. Luckily, at Ylang Ylang Restaurant & Bar we offer menus full of options suited to such diets. While the exotic adventures and tropical atmosphere may be what you’re looking for to get away from home, changing your diet is not always an option, so we are happy to provide that piece of “home away from home” while still providing interesting and exotic dishes.
Take a peek at our restaurant menus here.
We use only the freshest ingredients, and our produce is mainly organic for all our dishes. You can be sure that you are getting the very best that our Costa Rica beach resort has to offer.
We know that one of the main parts of any good vacation is the food. Good food may not be what you talk about when you get back home, but we know that bad food will be. We also understand the importance of serving in a relaxing atmosphere to ensure you get the most out of your vacation time and your hotel restaurant.
Think you won’t be able to find something you love? Think again! Our talented chefs are prepared to meet all palette challenges. We have the ability to create seafood, vegan, and raw food meals for a truly diverse grouping of dishes. It can be hard to meet the needs of a vegan, vegetarian or pescitarian diet, but at Ylang Ylang, we do what we can to accommodate all diets. Our menu is sure to have something you love.
“Every meal we had was absolutely delicious! Not only was the food incredible, but the presentation was beautiful. You could tell that a lot of love went into cooking every dish.” – Comment From a Recent Guest
We hope that your experience with us is as happy and delicious as can be. Like the rest of our staff, our chefs do everything in their power to make your visit a memorable one.
Our resort is the prime vacation spot for some real “R & R” – meaning, of course, “Romance and Relaxation.” Prepare to be swept away by all the breathtaking views of tropical jungles and our luxurious beach front. Don’t forget to bring a loved one, because you will truly be in the mood for romance once you arrive. Newlyweds, why not plan your Costa Rica honeymoon here to create some lifelong magical memories?
Ylang Ylang Beach Resort offers many different rooms to choose from. Each suite takes on its own unique personality and feel to accommodate every guest. One of our most popular rooms, called Coco Joe’s Bungalow, is perfect for a honeymoon or a family getaway.
Reserving the Coco Joe’s Bungalow gives you a private and spacious terrace that overlooks the beach and private entrance. This suite comes with 1 King and 1 queen sized beds on each level. The amenities are almost never ending, offering everything from wrap-around class windows and private outdoor showers to an in-room safe for storing valuables while taking long strolls along the beach.
The Tree Top Canopy is another very popular resort room at Ylang Ylang. Here you and another can enjoy something a little different in this jungle centered canopy suite on a tree top. Take 50 steps up to private luxury with a large deck. Enjoy other private amenities and each stay comes with breakfast, dinner and drinks.
Book your next family vacation or Costa Rica honeymoon here. Make your next reservation count — call Ylang Ylang Beach Resort today!
When you travel to Costa Rica, the first thing on your mind might be the beach. Luckily for you, great beaches and many quaint beach villages surround this country. Since there are so many beaches to explore, we’ve narrowed down the top 10 to visit on your next trip to beautiful Costa Rica.
- Inside the Marino Ballena National Park is the beautiful Playa Arcos. It is surrounded by jungle-covered steep hills.
- Playa Barrigona is located just north of Samara. It’s a stunning and well-hidden beach. You’ll have to drive down a bumpy road through dense jungle to get to it.
- Uvita is only accessible during low tide. It’s located 17 km south of Dominical along Coastal Highway 34. The sandy outcropping resembles a whale tail, giving it the name Uvita.
- Isla de Cano is only accessible by boat. You can reach it 10 miles off the coast of the Osa Peninsula.
- Playa Blanca and Playa Virador are located right by each other on the Papagayo Peninsula. Since the Four Seasons dominates the peninsula, you’ll have to hike to the beaches, which are open to the public.
- Playa Matapalo is nestled between two popular spots, Manuel Antonio and Dominical. It’s quiet and offers a great sunset.
- Punta Uva has a beautiful coral reef just offshore and a beautiful beach. It’s right outside Puerto Viejo, surrounded by jungle.
- Visit the sea turtles at Ostional. This beach is located just north of Nosara.
- Located on the Punta Quepoa peninsula, Playa Biesanz is a quiet beach surrounded by forest just outside of Manuel Antonio.
- The undeveloped beach of Esterillos is sure to please. Find it halfway between Manuel Antonio and Jaco.
Those who travel to Costa Rica likely do it to see the amazing beaches there. The small, Latin American country is most well known for their beautiful beaches, some of the most beautiful in the whole world. The ocean waters are warm year round, and the beach communities have a rich offering of lodging and activities for tourists. More than two thirds of the country is made up of beaches, with five of the most popular listed below:
- Beaches on the Nicoya Peninsula. No, this is not just one beach, but a whole peninsula full of the beautiful white sand. The beaches here are not as lively as the ones closer to larger cities like Montezuma, but they are a lot more relaxing and remote.
- Manuel Antonio. This beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. It has two horseshoe bays with white, clean sand. Hills rise close by, topped with jungle vegetation. While there, you can also visit the waterfalls nearby in the hills.
- Playa Dominical. Playa Dominical is 30 miles south of Manuel Antonio. It is a popular spot for surfers, with surf camps located nearby. Even for those who do not surf, the beach is beautiful and quiet. There is also a good nightlife scene in the town.
- Montezuma. Montezuma is one of the largest beach communities. It is located on the inner part of the Nicoya Peninsula. The beach here is diverse, with lots of local wildlife, waterfalls and tidal pools.
- Tortuquero. Tortuquero is located on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. This beach is the most popular with the eco tourists. The area boasts hiking, endangered wildlife and guided safaris.
For a great place to stay at on one of the most beautiful beaches, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.
Asking when the best time to visit Costa Rica is . . . well, that is a loaded question. The answer really depends on what your plans are and how big your budget is. Costa Rica has two distinct seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Otherwise, the temperature is about the same throughout the year, with temperatures in the high 70s to 80s. A Costa Rica vacation can happen in either season, but the best time depends on you.
The Green Season
The rainy season, also called the green season, is the closest thing to winter that Costa Rica has. This season runs from May to mid-November. It is called the green season because the large amount of rainfall makes all of the plants in the country green. The rains cause many country roads to wash out, making travel to some places impossible.
Tourism is not as popular during this season. As a result, prices of everything, including rooms, are lower. If you are not worried about the rains and are on a strict budget, this is the best time to travel. During this time, many hotels will have negotiable prices. Prices for food and other services can also be negotiated.
The Dry Summer
The summer in Costa Rica runs from mid-November to the end of April. This season is mostly dry and hot. This is when tourism is booming, especially during December and January. Prices are very high during this time and hotel rooms are scarce. However, this is when you will have access to the mountain roads and to the most activities.
Vacationing in Costa Rica can happen year round. The best season for you depends on many factors, including what you want to do there and your budget. No matter what budget you have, you can make vacationing in Costa Rica happen.
Taking a vacation is something that everyone needs to experience — especially a tropical vacation. There is something special about traveling to a warm, tropical location, and enjoying all that it has to offer – sun, sand, ocean waters, and more! If you are thinking about taking a tropical vacation, why not give Costa Rica a shot? When you travel to Costa Rica, you can expect to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and accommodations possible.
Costa Rica is a tourist country – we focus on building up our tourism, attracting people from all around the world to our protected, natural environment. What this means for you is that you can expect the highest level of service, no matter where in Costa Rica you go. From the cities to the beaches, you will find businesses, activities, resorts, and more – each one waiting to give you the best experience possible.
When you come to Costa Rica, you will be in awe of the amazing environment. As a protected eco-system, we strive to make sure our manmade footprint is small. We want you to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of our country, not simply buildings and concrete. The Ylang Ylang is one of the leading resorts in Costa Rica for many reasons, including the unique design that blends the resort facilities into the surrounding jungle – in other words, the resort is almost a part of the jungle, rather than sticking out like a sore thumb.
Contact us today to learn more about our wonderful resort, and find out the latest deals to help you save money on your tropical vacation.
Choosing from the many Costa Rica beach hotels available can be a tough decision! Costa Rica is one of the most popular destinations for a tropical vacation. The country thrives on its tourist industry. This means that you can expect hotels and resorts to compete for your business. They want you to come and stay with them, so they will offer fine accommodations, lots of amenities, and comfortable luxury you can afford. Here are some tips to remember when making your hotel decision:
- If you are planning a vacation focused on relaxation, choose a hotel that will be conducive to relaxing. If you want a vacation that is rich with activities and excitement, a hotel located within the boundaries of a city might be the better choice.
- Stay within your budget. If you spend all of your money on your accommodations, you may not have enough left to enjoy some of the local activities. While Costa Rica has many free activities available, you want to have enough funds to partake of some of the paid activities, too.
- Keep customer service in mind. Costa Rica is a tourist country, so you should be able to expect the highest level of customer service possible. If the service is bad, it doesn’t matter where you stay – you will not enjoy your vacation. The Ylang Ylang prides itself on great customer service, top-notch accommodations, and affordable luxury. Keep us in mind as you plan your Costa Rican vacation – we look forward to taking care of your needs!
As you compare hotels in Costa Rica for your holiday getaway, you will find that there are many hotels and resorts available. Each one promises the ultimate Costa Rican experience. If you have never visited Costa Rica before, or if you know little about what it has to offer, it can be tough to choose a hotel. Here are some tips from the Ylang Ylang resort to make your choice easier:
• Set your budget first. Know exactly what you can afford to spend on your accommodations. If you have a somewhat limited budget, you will quickly narrow down your list of choices. If your budget is unlimited, keep the rest of these tips in mind to help you determine which hotel is best for your holiday.
• If luxury is the only choice for you, you can use this to narrow down your list. Costa Rica has a wide assortment of hotels and resorts for budgets of all sizes.
• Choose a location within Costa Rica, then compare the local hotels and resorts. Do a little research on Costa Rica to find locations that fit your particular activity needs, such as surfing, swimming, hiking, etc.
• Don’t be afraid to ask questions of each potential resort, including asking questions about possible discounts. Traveling to Costa Rica during the off-season is a great way to save money because many hotels and resorts offer special packages – but if you do not ask, you may not receive, so don’t be shy!
Contact us at the Ylang Ylang today to learn more about what our luxury resort has to offer you during your holiday getaway.